Health Promotion and Support
Understanding the Key Priority
Health promotion and support is one of five key European Solidary Corps priorities. The priority aims to support Europe in managing the impact of and recovery from Covid-19.
Putting a Priority into Practice
Putting this key priority into practice will be led by the European Solidarity Corps and its stakeholders, but also requires the participation of beneficiary organisations. Here’s how:
- European Solidarity Corps supports the health and social care system
- European Solidarity Corps improves people’s experience of care
- European Solidarity Corps builds strong relationships between services and communities
- European Solidarity Corps mobilises volunteers around other health challenges
- European Solidarity Corps promotes a healthy lifestyle and physical activity.
From Priority to Project!
Feeling inspired, but unsure how you can apply the priority to your own project? Take a look at the work of a previous European Solidarity Corps project that focused on health promotion and support.
It’s OK Cork is a European Solidarity Project at the Kabin Studio, a youth music recording space coordinated by Garry McCarthy. The project aims to raise awareness around the importance of protecting mental health and wellbeing and seeks to educate young people about mental health issues through music and socialisation. Visit It’s OK Cork on Instagram for more.