Léargas’ mission is to enable international collaboration and exchange. We promote and fund intercultural, collaborative projects between Ireland and other countries. All our work serves to advance national and European policy.
- We facilitate good working relationships that spark awareness and appreciation of inclusion, diversity, digital transformation and environmental sustainability across social, cultural and educational domains.
- We promote the value of international collaboration and exchange in education, training, and youth work.
- We make international cooperation and learning accessible to a wide range of people and organisations.
- We contribute to the implementation of policy and practice in education, training, adult education, volunteering and youth work.
- We provide opportunities for the development of new skills for active participation in society and education.
- We support the strategic development of organisations and the personal and skills development of individuals.
An inclusive Ireland where we all can participate in and enjoy the transformational value of national and international lifelong learning experiences and be supported to reach our potential.
Download our Strategic Statement 2021-2023 to learn more about our vision and our strategy to realise it.