A New Interactive Online Learning Module on International Youth Work
Bring an International Dimension to your Youth Work!
Are you involved in Youth Work? Léargas and the National Youth Council of Ireland in collaboration with Maynooth University have developed a new interactive online learning module on international Youth Work, YouthWork and You.
This module is for youth workers, youth organisations and students of youth work. It’s free to access and how you use it is completely up to you! There are three units, each with an interactive, subtitled 20-30 minute video and accompanying downloadable resource material.
The units are:
- What is International Youth Work?
- Why Engage in International Youth Work?
- How to Engage in International Youth Work.
The module is hosted on Youthworkandyou.org, a hub for curated resources for the youth work sector and students. You will learn what is meant by international youth work; its impact on youth workers, organisations and young people; and to bring an international dimension to youth work.
More About YouthWork and You
Engagement in international youth work provides an opportunity to work across borders and cultures, to broaden horizons, build skills and find solutions to common challenges and issues affecting young people and youth organisations. International youth work has the potential to have a significant impact on those who engage in it, including youth workers, youth organisations and of course young people themselves. The module is designed:
- To develop the capacity of those involved in youth work to bring an international dimension to their work with young people
- To highlight the contribution of such engagement in bringing added value to quality youth work.
The interactive module demonstrates the potential impact of international youth work:
- For young people gaining transformative life experiences through taking part
- For youth workers/organisations embracing initiatives like Erasmus+ and the European Solidarity Corps.