Léargas Award Winners Celebrated at The Gathering
Léargas recognises and celebrates the creativity of teachers and schools involved in our programmes. On Thursday 10 November, The Léargas Gathering celebrated the winning projects of three different but interlinked initiatives: eTwinning National Quality Label, the European Language Label, and the European Innovative Teaching Award.
eTwinning National Quality Label
The eTwinning National Quality Label (NQL) provides concrete recognition for teachers and students who have achieved excellence through an eTwinning project. Quality Labels help to boost motivation and are a public affirmation of a school’s commitment to quality and openness in European collaborative work.
The winners of the 2022 eTwinning National Quality label:
- Balbriggan Community College, Dublin with the project Oceans of Culture, Culture Oceans (OCCO)
- Ballyhaunis community school, Co Mayo with the project Culture en vie, envie de culture – Live culture, love culture
- Borrisokane Community College, Co Tipperary with the project Life From My Perspective
- Gairmscoil Mhic Diarmada, Co Donegal with the project Ocean
- Kilglass National School, Co Galway with the project Animals in Danger of Extinction
- Maynooth Post Primary School, Co Kildare with the project Conference on the Future of Europe
- Meánscoil San Nioclás, Co Waterford with the projects Our Sustainability Journey / Ár dturás Inbhunaithe and Active Agents for Embracing Diversity – KA2 Project
- Pobalscoil Iosolde, Dublin with the project Our Shared History – Prehistoric Europe
- Sacred Heart Secondary School, Co Offaly with the project Celebrando Juntos – Celebrating Together
- St Andrews College, Dublin with the project Desde la Perla Esmeralda a la Perla del Mediterráneo
- St Pauls NS, Co Limerick with the project Welcome Spring
- St Cronan’s JNS, Dublin with the project Healthy Active Sports
- The King’s Hospital School, Dublin with the projects Raumschiff Europa 21, Ich lebe in Europa, A Change Is Gonna Come II and Conference on the Future of Europe
European Language Label
The European Language Label (ELL) is a European Award that highlights and awards innovative projects in the field of language learning, teaching and promotion. The ELL is open to all fields of education and training.
The winners of the 2022 European Language Label:
- Trinity College Dublin with the project ABAIR – An Scéalaí
- Milford GAA with the project Ag Treabhadh an Ghoirt ar son na Gaeilge
- Meánscoil San Nioclás with the two projects Ar dTuras Inbhuanaithe and Eágóir Shóisialta ar fud an domhain
- Professional Development Service for Teachers (PDST) with the project Gaeilge Bheo
- Technological University Dublin with the project Languages Pathways
- Junior Cycle for Teachers with the project Let’s reflect and C
- The Trailblazery with the project Scoil Scairte
European Innovative Teaching Awards
The European Innovative Teaching Awards (EITA) is an award that showcases outstanding teaching practices carried out as part of Erasmus+ projects. The Award recognises the work of teachers and schools and celebrates the exceptional contribution they make to their profession.
The winners of the European Innovative Teaching Awards 2022:
- North Monastery Primary School, Co Cork with the project Enhancing Visual Arts Education
- Manor House School, Dublin with the project Exploring the potential of Content and Language Integrated Learning in an Irish Secondary School Context
Congratulations to all the winning projects across these three awards!