The COVID-19 crisis continues and it’s vital that we continue to limit social contact and practice good hygiene. Most of all we can come together by staying apart – at least two metres apart when walking, shopping, or spending time outdoors.
These posters, booklets and social media icons are helpful reminders to protect the health and safety of everyone in our community. Please share them online as much as you can!
- Department of Health posters, booklets and infographics
- Health Service Executive posters, leaflets and social media assets
Léargas Working Arrangements
We in Léargas are following Government guidance and will continue working from home until further notice. You can reach staff by email as normal, or by phone in cases of emergency (we have call forwarding in operation).
With regret we have cancelled these events:
- eTwinning – Learning in the Digital Age (Munich, Germany), 17-19 May
We have postponed these Transnational Cooperation Activities (TCAs). We hope to re-organise later in the year, depending on how the situation evolves:
- Step Up to Quality TCA, 6-8 May
- What Makes a Good Inclusion Project TCA, 13-15 May
- Anything International? TCA, 24-27 May
- Active and Engaged TCA, 27-29 May
- Confusion of Inclusion TCA, 01-05 June
Travel Advice for Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps Project Participants and Beneficiaries
If your Erasmus+ or European Solidarity Corps activities involve travel to or transit through affected regions, or hosting participants from those regions, please take the following steps:
- Check the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) website for travel advice
- If there is a DFA travel alert for COVID-19 in place for the region involved, travel should be postponed or cancelled
- Contact your project partners to establish if additional local restrictions are in place
- Document all evidence of the reasons for the decision, including screenshots of the DFA travel alert
- Immediately inform the Léargas Programme Finance and Operations team at email@example.com that you wish to postpone or cancel travel – include your project reference number (e.g. 2018-1-IE01-KA102-100100) and the details of your query
- The Programme Finance and Operations team will advise you of any additional documents or information you need to submit as a result of the postponed or cancelled activity
- If your project is funded through a different National Agency, please also contact them immediately.
If you have already had to cancel project activities and wish to apply for force majeure, please download this zip file with the forms and procedure: Force Majeure Process & Forms 130320
If you have questions about the impact of COVID-19 on your Erasmus+ or European Solidarity Corps project, please check this FAQ from the European Commission: COVID-19 Impact Q&A for Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps programmes.
If you have general queries related to travel in your Erasmus+ or European Solidarity Corps project, please contact our Programme Finance and Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include your project reference number (e.g. 2018-1-IE01-KA102-100100) and as much detail as you can provide.
Information for Other Participants & Beneficiaries
To protect the health and well-being of participants, but with sincere regret, we have suspended IAESTE Programme activities up to 01 September 2020.
If you were planning to travel as part of any other programme, please email the project officer listed in our Meet the Team section. If you are currently on a placement in Ireland or abroad, it is your responsibility to follow the travel advice issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs and by your local or national government. Please maintain contact with your project officer during your placement.
General Information and Advice
We urge all beneficiary organisations to remain guided by the national advice issued by the Health Service Executive and the sectoral guidance of the Department of Education and Skills and the Department of Children and Youth Affairs.
- Health Service Executive
- Department of Education and Skills
- Department of Children and Youth Affairs
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.
We wish you all strength and solidarity in this very challenging time.