Léargas makes a call for eTwinning Ambassadors each year and selects the most suitable teachers based on their professional and eTwinning experience, as well as on how they can contribute to the eTwinning network. Professional development and upskilling opportunities are available as part of the role.
eTwinning Ambassadors are experienced, enthusiastic teachers who share their passion for eTwinning with the wider teaching community. They share their experience with other schools, offer training to teachers, and support those new to eTwinning both online and in person.
eTwinning Ambassadors must be:
- Currently involved in eTwinning projects and have a good working knowledge of the platform
- Willing to promote eTwinning in their school and catchment area
- Prepared to provide training for teachers
- Passionate about professional and curriculum development
- Promoters of eTwinning nationally and internationally
- If this sounds like you here’s how you can apply;
- Fill out our online application form
- Tell us about your professional and eTwinning experience and how you can contribute to the eTwinning network
- Be sure to follow the steps above before the 28 February deadline!
How to apply
You need to use the online application form to apply. We cannot accept applications in any other form. The deadline for receipt of applications is midnight (GMT) on 28 February 2022.
eTwinning Ambassadors, 2019-2021
Anne McMorrough, Marino Institute of Education, 9 Griffith Avenue, Dublin 9
Brenda Walsh, Stanhope Street Primary, Stanhope Street, Dublin 7
Brendan Colleran, Castletroy College, Newtown, Castletroy, Limerick
Carol Fynn, Midleton Christian Brothers School, Castleredmond, Midleton Co. Cork
Damien Lonergan, Comeragh College, Tinvane, Carrick-on-Suir, Co. Tipperary
Eoin Boggan, Court National School, Monamolin, Gorey, Co. Wexford
Glenda McKeown, Our Lady of Fatima Special School, Carrigeen Street, Wexford Town, Co. Wexford
Gráinne Nugent, St Brigid’s Primary, Grey Abbey Road, Kildare Town, Co. Kildare
Laura Kenna, Saint Patrick’s Infants National School, Gardiner’s Hill, Cork City
Maria O’Donovan, Meánscoil San Nioclás, Rinn O gCuanach, Co. Waterford
Dr. Mary Masterson, School of Education, University of Limerick, Limerick
Ronan O’Sullivan, Davis College, Summerhill, Mallow, Co. Cork
Sharon Myers, Radharc na Mara, St. James Rd, Mervue, Co Galway
Siobhán Keenan Fitzgerald, Eglish N.S., Ahascragh, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway
Tom Roche, Retired principal, Knockaclarig NS, Brosna, Castleisland, Co. Kerry
Veronica Malcolm, The Kings Hospital, Old Lucan Road, Palmerstown, Dublin 20