Online Seminar, 20 August, 11:00 – 12:30
Join EPALE’s Manika-Nia Dixon and experienced facilitator and social activist, Rosemary Kunene in this online seminar on 20 August.
Learn about the Black Lives Matter movement and anti-racism.
During this session, participants will:
- Learn about the Black Lives Matter movement and understand why it is necessary
- Identify different types of racism and the impact this has
- Learn about racism in the Irish context (including in the context of Irish Travellers and Direct Provision)
- Discuss experiences and understanding in a safe space
- Build capacity to address racism with appropriate language and messaging to break down others’ misinformation and bias
- Learn how to move towards active anti-racism
- Identify positive actions for supporting the Black Lives Matter campaign
To register for this event visit: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/the-black-lives-matter-movement-and-anti-racism-seminar-tickets-113346745166?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&aff=esli&utm-source=li&utm-term=listing